Want to know which of your chakras are balanced and which are blocked? Check your chakras today by taking our test. Be honest with yourself and your feelings. Find out where your energy is blocked so you can make the necessary changes for a more positive and healthy life.
Answer the following questions honestly to gain a clear picture of which chakras are balanced and which are over or under active. Remember that every day our energies are different to use this tool to self-diagnose imbalances in your chakra system. Grab some paper and answer each question for each chakra, writing down the total for each chakra as well
Answer Each Question with a number between 1=5 using this Answer Key:
1= Never/ Strongly Disagree 2=Not Often/ Disagree 3=Sometimes Maybe 4=Often/Agree 5=Always/Strongly Agree
The center of survival and our relation to the physical world. When balanced, it brings health, security and prosperity.
1) I often spend time in nature
2) I exercise regularly
3) The world feels safe to me
4) I eat a balanced, healthy diet
5) I am a grounded person
6) I have confidence in myself
7) I don’t worry about what others think of me
8) I don’t need material things to make me happy
9) I am a patient person
10) I face my problems without running away from them
The pleasure center of sensuality and emotion. When balanced, it brings emotional health, sexual fulfillment and adaptability
1) I let go of things easily
2) I am very affectionate
3) I am satisfied with my love life
4) I enjoy nurturing other people
5) I regularly “escape” with hobbies and activities
6) I am comfortable with my gender
7) I am in control of my emotions
8) I am content spending time by myself
9) I am compassionate towards others
10) I feel comfortable about my body
Solar Plexus Chakra
The center of power or will. When balanced, it brings confidence, energy and identity.
1) I have a strong sense of personal power
2) I have a high energy level
3) I have a strong metabolism
4) I set and achieve goals
5) I am confident
6) I do not let other people make me feel like a victim
7) I have good self-esteem
8) I accept responsibility for my actions
9) I am comfortable taking risks
10) I am not critical of others, giving praise freely
Center of love and nurturing. When balanced, it brings compassion, peace and love.
1) I’m generally a happy person
2) I make friends easily
3) I like myself
4) I have successful long-term relationships
5) I am at peace with my current situation
6) I forgive others easily
7) I am not a jealous or possessive person
8) I feel inspired in my life
9) I am compassionate towards others
10) I believe that I have the power to heal myself
The communication and creativity center allows personal and artistic expression and ingenuity when in balance
1) I am an effective communicator
2) I enjoy expressing myself with writing, art, or music
3) I am a good listener
4) I am a creative person
5) I get along well with other people
6) I feel heard by my family and friends
7) I have good hearing
8) I can express myself easily through words
9) I am comfortable with my voice
10) I am an honest person
Third Eye Chakra
This center is related to seeing-both physically and intuitively. When balanced, it brings clarity of instinct and intellect.
1) I am aware of my physical surroundings, noticing details
2) I have vivid dreams
3) I often experience deja vu or coincidence
4) I have a strong ability to visualize or “picture” things
5) I am imaginative
6) I trust my intuition
7) I have a good memory
8) I experience psychic connections with other people
9) I experience clairvoyance or telepathy
10) I have good eye sight
The center of the spirit and consciousness. When balanced, it brings knowledge, connection and bliss.
1) I meditate/pray/contemplate
2) I am self-aware, reflective, conscious of my thoughts, actions, motives
3) I nurture my spirituality
4) I consider myself an intellectual person
5) I am aware of the interconnectedness of all things
6) I can think for myself
7) I’m aware when I am overly attached to ideas or objects
8) I have self-reliance in spiritual matters
9) I love to learn
10) I enjoy taking tests like these
Write Down the total for each Chakra then look at the Answer Key below to see what it means
1-10 Points = Chakra is very deficient, work to open it
11-20 Points = Chakra is slightly deficient, work to open it
21-30 Points = Chakra is open, work to keep it open
31-40 Points = Chakra is very open, work to keep it balanced
41-50 Points = Chakra may be excessive, work to balance it with the other chakras
The purpose of chakra balancing is to support a balanced flow that will sustain our overall level of energy. In our everyday life, we are subjected to a number of activities, sources of stress and demands that result in fluctuations in our energy level. Some may feel draining, others fulfilling or nourishing. Furthermore, past events and experiences often leave a long-lasting influence on how we feel and are in the world, therefore influencing how we manage our energy day-to-day. Now you know which chakras you need to work on clearing, you can purchase products best suited for your needs.
Ways To Balance Your Chakras
Chakra balancing techniques fall into in three categories: Those centered on a physical process or activity, a meditative or introspective practice, and the transmission of energy from another person or on your own.
Common practices you can use to balance your chakras:
Hands on Healing or Energy Healing
Meditation, including Chakra Meditation
Exercises Focused On the Connection of Body and Mind
Breath Work, Including Pranayama
Holistic or Alternative Medicine
Color Therapy; Wearing Chakra Colors, Candles, Décor
Aromatherapy; Chakra Candles, Essential Oils
Crystal Work; Jewelry, Having Crystals Around Your Home
Chakra Balancing Meditation
*If at any point during the meditation the mind wonders, just bring your attention back to your breathing. As you get better at meditating your mind will wander less. I recommend recording yourself reading it, so you listen to it while meditating until it is memorized*
Begin by sitting in a comfortable position, close your eyes take a few deep relaxing breathes. Then focus on each part of your body starting with your head and work your way down. As you do this release the stress and tension from each part of your body.
Next focus on your breathing. Do not force it, just let it become steady and deep.
Visualize a brilliant white light coming down to your crown chakra. Your breath controls the light. As you breathe in, pull the white light through your crown chakra down into your (hara) center behind the sacral chakra. As you breathe in your center glows with the light expanding and filling your entire body. On the exhale expand the light outward starting to fill your aura. See the energy encompass your entire body and infuse your aura. As this energy infuses your aura, imagine the aura growing stronger, brighter and being charged. Do this gradually, let the aura grow brighter little by little and keep this energy flowing in with each breath.
*Each exhale fills about 6 inches from the body. Keep doing this until you fill you entire aura (about 5 feet in all directions around you) and your surrounded by vibrant white light inside and out. Don’t rush this relaxes you and raises your vibrations*
Next take your attention to your root chakra. Make a mental note of how it looks. On your inhale bring the white light into your root chakra. Watch it swirl around inside. As you exhale see the dingy energy release and the red chakra color get a little brighter and stronger. Repeat breathing into your root chakra until it is shining vibrantly red and clear.
Next move up to the sacral chakra (orange), then the solar plexus (yellow), heart (green), throat (blue), third eye (indigo) and finally the crown chakra (purple). Take your time and use your intuition, if you need to spend more time clearing one chakra then do so.
*It is strongly advised to always work from the bottom, going up*
The last step is to visualize all the chakras at once being fed by this energy. Remember to see the chakras and your aura become brighter, clearer and super charged from this life-giving energy.
Finally open your eyes and relax a couple of minutes. Take a note of how you feel differently from before you did the meditation.